Country Investment Analyst
Are you ready for a next challenge and do you want to continue your career within investment management? This could be your chance.
Intrum is the undisputed market leader in credit management in Europe. We help companies succeed by taking care of their customers and considerately helping people pay. There are more than 8,000 of us working in 24 countries, helping our clients with everything from credit optimization, payment services and debt collection to factoring and payment solutions for e-commerce companies.
Portfolio Investments is a highly dynamic and project driven part of Intrum investing in several sorts of debt assets all over Europe. We have invested over €1bn in new portfolios in 2018 and have now a book of over €2,5bn under management Europe wide.
Intrum is characterized by a strong commitment to fair debt collections practices and a clear ambition to be one of the leading Investors in NPL portfolios across Europe.
Reporting to the Netherlands Investment Director, the Investment Analyst advises the Dutch Management team on the purchase of debt portfolios and supports the broader Group Investment Team with the analysis of international opportunities.
The primary responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Processing and manipulation of financial data;
- Analysis, presentation and interpretation of financial portfolio’s characteristics;
- Preparing investment proposals for the Risk and Investment Committee;
- Supporting sales efforts and contact with clients from an Portfolio Investment perspective;
- Monitoring the performance and progress of the acquired portfolios, and discussing improvement initiatives in consultation with Portfolio Management and Operational teams;
- Building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The position is based in Amsterdam.
You are ready for a next challenge and want to continue your career within investment management. For this challenging role we search for a quantitatively trained professional with a Master’s Degree in Business, Economics or related fields. In addition, you have the following qualifications:
- Up to 5 years of relevant experience obtained within an internationally oriented environment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to interface with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong quantitative understanding is a must: facility with numbers, spreadsheets, and data and statistical models;
- Knowledge or experience in SQL or R programming would be an advantage;
Fluency in English and proficiency in Dutch.
- Knowledge of other European languages is a plus;
- Experience with financial products: consumer banking, credit lending or NPLs environment would be an advantage.
By joining Intrum, you will be working with enthusiastic and professional colleagues in an international, dynamic and stretching environment. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we are prepared to offer you plenty of room for growth and development, international exposure and market conforming package of pay and benefits.